What's Next?

We're all interested to know "what's next" so this is where Tracy, Nicholas & the team will be able to share with us what's on the bench & the progress it's making into full production. But please be patient as things don't always go smoothly!
JaimeMolina

What's Next?

Post by JaimeMolina » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:10 am

Hi all,

I believe Colin said some months ago that some future releases were already decided but that it was early to announce them... maybe now would be a good time? Pretty please with sugar on top? :mrgreen:

Hardcastlehotspur

Re: What's Next?

Post by Hardcastlehotspur » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Would make a nice Armourfast Christmas to be advised what is in the pipeline.

adt70hk

Post by adt70hk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Indeed!

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi Guys,
I'd like to be able to let you know what's next off the line, unfortunately, I've not been able to fully prize out the schedule of Tracy & Nicholas... :evil:
There were two on it last time that we spoke... one of which got me quite excited :lol: and the other which was 8-) Just need to get them into production!
Hopefully, we'll be speaking early in the new year when I'll have another go at them :mrgreen:

Hardcastlehotspur

Post by Hardcastlehotspur » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Thanks Armourfast-Colin. Will keep coming back to the Forum to check on progress.

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi HH,
Hopefully, 2019 will see a resurgence in postings to the Forum as it has been a little quiet...

I'll have a battalion of StuGs to show off once painting complete (mix of IIIs & IVs with StuH 42s as support & a couple pf PSC ones as "Command vehicles" as they look slightly different & are therefore easy to spot in our rules)

Cheers
Colin

Robbie041

Post by Robbie041 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 pm

I was hoping you tell us that you desided to do some Japanese armour. or a Nashorn

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 pm

To be fair, Japanese armour hardly existed :lol:
Nashorn, more interesting :D

At the end of the day (despite rumours to the contrary with the StuIG 33b), to be cost effective, the guys have got to make stuff that was well used & is likely to sell in quantity - just to cover the cost of the moulds. So whilst my comment with regard to Japanese armour was quite flippant, it also represents the reality... yes, there may have been more than I give credit for, but, I suspect, not in the quantities that are needed.

One of the discussions that I had with Nicholas on the last time that we spoke was what "derivatives" could be made using items that are already in stock such as tracks... this is how the Sherman range grew so quickly... Which reminds me, I'm supposed to be letting Nicholas have a list of what could be produced based upon what they've already done...

Hardcastlehotspur

Post by Hardcastlehotspur » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

That's very interesting Armourfast-Colin. How about another version of the German Half-track - ZD.KFC51?

sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 am

the m4 track could be used for an M3 lee variant but a quick build lee/grant would be great with older type bogies.
some quick build softskins, a GMC 6x6, there is the pegasus ones but they are hard to find even on ebay.
a short and long wheelbase version would be good, no one does the shorter gmc 6x6 in 1/72.
i think german models are done to death imho!
also what ever models i can do conversion sets for as well :lol: