What's Next?

We're all interested to know "what's next" so this is where Tracy, Nicholas & the team will be able to share with us what's on the bench & the progress it's making into full production. But please be patient as things don't always go smoothly!
sarge831

Re: What's Next?

Post by sarge831 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:02 am

Same here Jaime :( :(

Robbie041

Post by Robbie041 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:10 pm

it is sad that we have not heard any news for a while now, it has been 11/2 years since the last release. and about 1 years the last comment from the management. we can understand that you can't and willn't give us any release date for new models, but please give us at least an idea what your up.

adt70hk

Post by adt70hk » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Comet!! There are none at 1/72 that I'm aware of!!

JaimeMolina

Post by JaimeMolina » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:48 pm

A Chinese manufacturer is doing a Comet, looks really nice... https://henk.fox3000.com/vespidmodels.htm

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Guys,
I've tried contacting the team at Armourfast to see if I can get a detailed update compared to where they were 12 months ago, but as yet, no reply.
However, this could well be because they are on "Furlough" (for those non-UK baseed readers of teh forum, that's a measure introduced by the UK government to try to support businesses through Covid-19. The downside to it is that anyone who is furloughed isn't allowed to do anything (other than statutory duties for directors) to do with the business & that includes answering emails.
Usually Tracy & Nicolas reply quite quickly which is why I'm wondering whether they are on the furlough scheme.
As/when/if I get any further news, I'll share it here
Cheers
Colin

JaimeMolina

Post by JaimeMolina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Hey Colin, it's great to hear from you and to know that the Covid thing is the cause of the "radio silence"! I hope you and everyone at Armourfast are OK and keeping safe.

Yep, some update of the planned kits would be awesome... thanks!

Jaime

Hardcastlehotspur

Post by Hardcastlehotspur » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks for the update Colin. Looking forward to hearing some news, but fully appreciate the situation.

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 am

@Jamie & @HH.. just to be clear, I'm "only" one of theModerators here, I don't work at Armourfast, so my speculation regarding the possible reason for non response (yet) to my emails/calls as being Covid/Furlough related is just that: speculation... but it is a potential cause.

I was aware of a couple of things that were being worked on, but of course, can't say anything as it was shared in confidence. I also shared some thoughts & ideas of my own on how some existing kits could be expanded on.

As I mentioned above, as/when/if I hear anything else, I'll update everyone, but in the meantime, I hope that you're all staying safe, getting on with bashing the kits that you've already got stashed away (I've just finished a Stug Battalion in 1:1 with Stug 3s, 4s & StuH42s as well as a mid-war Panzer Battalion with Pz 3s & 4s the vast majority of which were Armourfast - they're all down at our gaming building at the moment, but next time I'm down, I'll take some piccies!)

Also, although it's been quiet on the news front, thanks for continuing your interest in Armourfast & hopefully, there will be some more news soon

Cheers
Colin