Quickbuild British armoured cars

We're all interested to know "what's next" so this is where Tracy, Nicholas & the team will be able to share with us what's on the bench & the progress it's making into full production. But please be patient as things don't always go smoothly!
Gazala 1942

Quickbuild British armoured cars

Post by Gazala 1942 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:58 pm

My vote would be for the inclusion of a British armoured car in the Armourfast range.

From my perspective, the ideal would be for a Daimler Mk1 with the option of building the Mk 2 provided via an additional sprue.

captainzlog

Re: Quickbuild British armoured cars

Post by captainzlog » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Marmon-Herringtons!

Gazala 1942

Post by Gazala 1942 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

I wouldn't object to one of those either !

I'd happily contribute to a crowd funding campaign for a Daimler 1 though...

sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:08 am

humber mk4, aec could make a 1, 2, or 3 with 2 turrets

NorfolkDaver

Post by NorfolkDaver » Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm

My vote is definitely for British armoured cars Daimler and Dingo's plus American M8 greyhound. All used extensively in relatively high numbers and not available elsewhere as quick builds.

As a general note it would be great to see AF extending the full range of quick build kits rather than duplicating PSC/other manufacturers releases.

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

NorfolkDaver wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm
As a general note it would be great to see AF extending the full range of quick build kits rather than duplicating PSC/other manufacturers releases.
To be fair on the guys at Armourfast... they were first & others then followed them!

Also, again being fair, unfortunately, whilst modellers & gamers might well be very happy with kits of vehicles that weren't necessarily issued in large numbers (for example the StuIG 3 where they made 24 in "real life"), at the end of the day Armourfast & others need to eat & so whilst it might be fun to produce a good model of a Pzsfl V Sturer Emil (2 built) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturer_Emil or a Pzsfl IV A Dicker Max (2 built)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10.5_cm_K_(gp.Sfl.) they're not going to sell in as large quantities as, for example, Shermans, T34s, Panzer IVs or (and resisted by Armourfast thus far) Tigers!

NorfolkDaver

Post by NorfolkDaver » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi Colin just reset my access.

- yup of course AF were on the scene relatively recently. I really don't care about PSC v Armourfast - just the range available to me hence my comment.
- I didn't mention any vehicles that were produced in relatively low numbers.
- I would buy from any supplier who made Daimler and Dingo's plus American M8 greyhound.
- see above - it would be great to see AF extending the full range of quick build kits rather than duplicating PSC/other manufacturers releases.
- goes without saying the commercial aspect of selling volume vs well know volume vehicles (Shermans, T34s, Panzer IVs or Tigers) is an interesting endeavour in a market that already sells 'em).

Spot the gap in the market.

cheers Dave

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi Dave,
I understand where you're coming from... the danger is that AF target the "niche" vehicles (apart from saddos like me, does anyone plan to have a full recon unit of Daimlers & Dingos at 1:1 model:original?? :mrgreen: ) and, of course, for those of us happy to have resin kits as well, there are some nice Daimlers & Dingos out there...
I'm also with you on the AF v PSC - I use AF for the majority of my kits with PSC ones as "Command" options (having a bloke with his head sticking out of the turret helps id these) :D Also, the PSC ones look more "resin-like" as they're slightly chunkier kits... but they cover areas that AF don't...
I guess that, in many ways, it's like it used to be... first there was just Airfix... :lol:

NorfolkDaver

Post by NorfolkDaver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Cheers Colin - hope I didn't come over too negative. I always find resin relatively expensive compared to quick builds but 'get it' for smaller production volumes/niche versions etc.

oh blimey Airfix - shame the world moved before they did and happy memories, hey ho HO/OO.

Armourfast-Colin

Post by Armourfast-Colin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Not at all, Dave, it's good to have robust discussions :-)

I know where you're coming from with resin, though I have to say that the Raventhorp Ready to Roll Daimler Armoured car is an absolute gem!